INSIDE COVER DESIGN
Join Cover Design on social!
WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IN ORDER TO IMPROVE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH COVER DESIGN To help us serve you more relevant content, we capture information about you in order to improve your experience with COVER DESIGN. This notice is to inform you about how we collect and protect any personal information you provide to us and how you can control what personal information we collect from you and what we do with it. It sets out how we intend to use your information, who we will share it with, and what rights you have about the use of your information.
This notice applies, however, you provide personal information to us, whether you go online to our websites coverdesigneg.com, or third party websites, for example, Souq.com, contact us or engage via social media, enter competitions, or whether you telephone, email, write to or text us.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA ARE WE COLLECTING?
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth, gender, and other relevant demographic information;
- telephone numbers and email address;
- information about the device you use to browse our websites including the IP address and device type;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback, competition, and survey responses;
- your social media handles;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your online browsing activities on our website including which items you store in your shopping cart;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with us;
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as Instagram, or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Notice. Some personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an account on our website or contact us via email or social media, for example, Facebook messenger. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example when you browse our websites or engage in online shopping activity. We may anonymize and aggregate personal data for insight and research but this will not identify anyone.
HOW WE ARE USING YOUR DATA?
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- For legal accounting requirements;
- for analysis, insight, and research purposes – to better understand your needs and ensure we are giving the most relevant content, optimize our website for best user experience;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you;
- to manage any account(s) you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for fraud prevention, detection, and related purposes;
- with your consent, to contact you about promotional offers, products, and services which we think you may be interested in.
- Marketing and Promotional communications
- To ensure you are kept up to date with the COVER DESIGN experience, we use personal data for marketing purposes and we may send you texts and/or emails to update you on the latest offers and events. We may also show you online media communications through external social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram and external digital advertisers such as Google.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
informing us that you want to change your marketing preferences by contacting our customer support at HERE
by clicking an “unsubscribe” link in any email that you have received from us.
This may not stop service messages such as order updates.
Personalization and Automated Decision Making
If you visit our website, you may receive personalized advertisements whilst browsing websites of other companies. Any advertisements you see will relate to your browsing activity on our website from your computer or other devices.
We may collect data directly from you, as well as analyze your browsing and purchasing behavior online and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allow us to ensure that we contact you with information on products, services, events, and offers that are tailored and relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology for automated decision-making. We may do this to decide what marketing communications are suitable for you and this activity is based on our legitimate interests to develop and improve our products and services.
Also to provide more personalized services and experiences, we may review data held by external social media platform providers about you, for example, details on your Instagram or Facebook profiles that you have chosen to make publicly accessible such as your name, date of birth. Some of our services enable you to sign in via external social media platform providers such as Facebook. If you choose to sign in via a third-party app, you will be presented with a dialog box that will ask your permission to allow us to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have made accessible).
We aim to update you about products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. To help us do this, we process data by profiling and segmenting, identifying what our customers like, and ensuring messages we send them are relevant based on their demographics, interests, purchase behavior, online web browsing activity, and engagement with previous communications. We may also use your data to exclude you from communications that we feel are irrelevant to you. For example, we may exclude someone from resends of marketing emails when we know that person has already opened the original email sent.
Another example of how we may tailor our communications with you is that we may group individuals with similar interests using this data so we can send them product news or promotional offers that are relevant to that shared interest.
You have the right to opt-out of any automated processing, including profiling, at any time by:
informing us that you wish to opt-out of automated processing by contacting our customer support team at Here
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our processing of your personal data.
We collect and use customers’ personal data:
1- as necessary to perform our contract with you
- for the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods or services to a customer;
2- as necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests, including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- promoting, marketing, and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering loyalty schemes);
- to identify and contact competition winners;
- understanding our customers’ behavior, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- protecting customers, employees, and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health, and welfare;
- good governance, accounting and managing and auditing our operations and complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating, and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behavior and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints, or disputes;
- protecting our company, its employees, and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us;
- handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders, and other stakeholders;
3- as necessary for complying with our legal obligations including:
- where you exercise your rights under data protection laws
- for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to establish or defend legal rights;
- based on your consent for example in relation to sending direct marketing communications via email or text message.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Cover design team is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
- encryption of data;
- regular cybersecurity assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular planning to ensure we are ready to respond to cybersecurity attacks and data security incidents;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls that protect our IT systems infrastructure and our premises from external attack and unauthorized access;
- internal policies setting out our data security rules for our personnel; and
- regular training for our employees.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of information, and our Data Retention Policy sets out the length of time we will usually retain personal data and where these default periods might be changed.
In summary, various laws, accounting, and regulatory requirements applicable to us require us to retain certain records for specific amounts of time. In relation to your personal data, we will hold this only for so long as we require that personal data for legal or regulatory reasons or for legitimate organizational purposes. We will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect them.
- You have the following rights:
- the right to be informed about our processing or your personal data which is the aim of this Notice;
- the right to request access to personal data we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data and/ or to withdraw any consent you have given us and to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you;
- the right to prevent processing that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
- the certain rights in relation to automated decision-making including profiling;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances (the right to be forgotten) for example when the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected them;
- the right to have your personal data provided to you by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and transmitted to another data controller. This is known as the right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you can always contact us either by email to hello